Today We Will:
1. Go over the Gamestar Mechanic Final Project!
2. Tutorial/exploration of Game Design tools!
3. Start designing or finish your episodes to get your license!
Final Project Requirements!
1. Your game must include at least two levels!
2. Your game - and each level in it - must have a title.
3. Your game and levels must include "Intro" and "Win" messages, and your level must include "rules".
4. Your game must be published by Friday, February 1st.
5. You yourself must beat your game before it is published!
The Robot Overlords
Today We Will:
1. Review last week's lesson
2. Define Five Elements of game design!
3. Sign in and continue working towards episode 5!
First Three Elements of game Design
Players try to achieve Goals to win games.
Rules guide the player on how the game should be played.
Today we Will:
1. Go over Gamestar Mechanic Unit
2. Tour Gamestar Mechanic
3. Sign in and play games!
What Are We doing?
Gamestar mechanic teaches the principals of game design through comics and game playing. You will earn new sprites - pieces and elements that can be used to build games - by completing quests. Once the quests are complete, we will create and share our games. This is a much deeper and more meaningful game design experience than our brief Star Wars Coding unit last year.
Why are we doing it?
Knowing how to put together a successful game involves system-based thinking, problem solving, collaboration, art, storytelling, and digital media literacy.
Also, making and playing games is fun...
Signing In and Getting Started!
Click on the following address to create your own Gamestar Mechanic Premium Account: Click Here!
(Standards for the 21st Century Learner: Learning and Innovation Skills: Learning and innovation skills increasingly are being recognized as the skills that separate students who are prepared for increasingly complex life and work environments in the 21st century, and those who are not. A focus on creativity, critical thinking, communication and collaboration is essential to prepare students for the future.