Biographies are genre of books or films about a person's life. We have many biographies in our media center. Here are some traits biographies have:
1. Written by someone else. When people write about themselves, it is called an autobiography or memoir.
2. They are like fiction in that they read like a story, with a beginning, middle, and end.
3. They are non-fiction books with features like headings, timelines, pictures, captions, and a table of contents.
4. Biographies often highlight a person's struggles and achievements.
5. Biographies can open your eyes to people that have made a difference in this world. They can also be a fun way to learn about history.
1. Choose a biography from the American Indians section in PbbleGo.
2. Complete the report using facts and information from the article.
3. Cite your source.
If you Finish
Standards: 22.214.171.124 Conduct short research projects that build knowledge about a topic.