The Day the Crayons Quit
1. Borrow books
2. Talk about the upcoming Book Fair!
3. Read "The Day the Crayons Quit" by Oliver Jeffers
Standards: (Minnesota 2010)18.104.22.168 With prompting and support, read informational texts appropriately complex for grade 1, as well as select texts for personal enjoyment, interest, and academic tasks.
Big Mean Mike! (Dec 1 - 8)
Today students will:
1. Check out just right books using library cards.
2. Read "Big Mean Mike" by Michelle Knudson
3. Take an AR test in the Lab.
22.214.171.124 By the end of the year, select, read and comprehend literature including stories and poetry for personal enjoyment, interest, and academic tasks, in the grades 2–3 text complexity band proficiently, with scaffolding as needed at the high end of the range.