Today we will:
1. Learn how keywords (search terms) can help us find information online.
2. Evaluate keywords for their relevance and helpfulness.
3. Practice identifying the best keywords for different situations by playing Search Shark!
Helpful search tips from MR. B
1. Search engines ignore words like "and", "the", "on" and so on.
2. Using quotation marks tells the search engine that you are looking for the exact phrase. So searching for "the longest river in the world" will come up with links that use that exact phrase - word for word - in that order.
3. Google is the most popular search engine, but that doesn't mean it is the best for every situation. Take a look at the options below. Use google, then try using one of these below. You will see how different your search results are.
1. Learn about Copyright, credit, and plagiarism with Digital Passport's "Mix-N-Mash".
2. Choose keyboarding or reading when finished with the module. Make sure you are done with Sharejumper, Evolve, and Twalkers as well.
Standards: follow this link!